Monday, September 25, 2006

School

So, now that the waiting to move and carry on with our lives is over,what do we do now? What's the next step? I've been feeling a little unsettled lately I think because I don't know exactly what that next step is. I know I want my master's degree and that I want to go to Grad School but, I also want to eat. I am currently an Astrophysics major, they dont' have an Astrophysics masters program here, I think I can actualy get my bachellor's done in two years. Do I stay here and get a masters either in Physics education or applied physics and go on to grad work wherever I can manage to get accepted? Or, do I skip town once I have my bachelor's degree and get my masters in something a little more up my alley and inline with what I want to do. I would rather put together a master's thesis on cosmology or theoretical physics rather than how to teach retarded high school students something most of them dont' want to bother with. Does it really matter what my bachelor's or masters is in to be able to get my PhD in Astrophysics?

I thought about speaking with my Astrophysics professor, and maybe I still wil but, I jsut feel like I'm in the way, like I'm just bothering these people who don't know me and may not have a vested interest in me as a student....I guess I could talk to my academic advosor as well but, I still feel aprehensive about the whole thing. I guess in a way I still feel like I'm back at JCC where they just want to get you through and into a job at the end and not necessarily give you a broader understanding of not only the world around you but, yourself as well. That and I feel that my acedemic advisor would push for the physics education masters because, that's what he's all about and he's trying to recruit anybody even remotely interested in the program.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home