Monday, September 04, 2006

Transportation

So, the process of getting from the science building to the SBS building sux. I have only made it to Folklore ontime once. This got me to thinkin, I really need a bike. But, what kind of bike. The bike you ride says as much about you as what kind of car you drive wich, incidentally is an 89 Lincoln Town Car, grey, big, and rusting. I was really thinking about one of those off the shelf cruiser bikes like the Schwinn Stinray. It's one boss bike, but I may not exactly fit it all that well as it is a smaller bike and I'm 5'10" and 33. So I started looking around, Taget has a cruiser that's not quite as cool but, is for adults. Unsatisfied I looked some more and found this. That's just super-fuckin'-cool. Now only if I can get access to the campus machine shop (I don't even relaly kow if it exists or where it might be).

After thinking about this project for a little while I started remembering why I got out of engineering, I love to make the plans, figure out the details, then I'm done. Would I ever really get this thing made before I graduate. Hell, will I ever graduate even?

At any rate, I started evaluating what my needs are and it turns out, I needs something practical, something to ride over all kinds of terrain, and something that can cut in and out of both vehicular traffic as well as pedestrians and it looks like the Overkill isn't it. I still want to build this bike someday but, not becasue I need wheels, because I want to build it and someday ride it, not to get my ass back and forth to classes within a week or two...


someday Overkill, someday......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home