Sunday, June 18, 2006

Data Destruction

This site reminded me of the summer I spent working for an unspecified IT department reformating and then destroying hard drives. I still have a hard drive magnet on the hood of my sweet ride that hasn't moved in about a year...

I spent the summer removing the hard drives from pc's that were just too old to use and they were going to "dispose" of them (dispose means of course properly disposal as specified by the law, wink, wink) Anyway, we took these drives out, reformatted them, then ran them throug a three level format, all F's, all ones, all zeros. Then, as if that wasn't enough, we tore the drives apart, removed the platters, and cut the platters in as many pieces as possible and then threw it all in the trash, er, recycled them.....

What a waste of my time, you have someone who has worked in IT for 10+ years, you're paying them minimum wage, and you have them reformatting and destoying hard drives....

but, I ain't one to gossip so, you ain't heard it from me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home