Sunday, January 29, 2006

Level 1 Cert

So, the guys at RedArrow said I should have my O-ROC Monday or Tuesday, I'm thinking about motor retention. Coast Rocketry has a few different options but I really like the threded slimline type mount. I know the I-ROC comes with motor retention now, I'll have to see what it is when I get it, but I really like the idea of a threaded retainer. The whole ides of a big plate that srews down over your motor just doesn't sit well with me, first you have to make sure you have a solid spot for the screws to screw into your bird and hope that A. they hold and don't rip out, and B. The hold and don't rip out the whole aft end of your rocket. The other thing is, these are exposed screws, they aren't jsut exposed to the environment but they are exposed to rocket exhaust wich isn't the kindest on materials.

Well, we'll see what comes with the I-ROC and go from there, at least I know I can just leave a half in of motor tube out and can put the retainer on later if I want. I'll probably wait though, just need to decide if the bell shaped retainer would look better heheh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home