Friday, January 27, 2006

Experimental

Well, I was going to work on a counter-weight based simple guidance system but, after careful consideration, it jsut aint' gonna werk. I could go with a gyro but, that means lots and lots of money. My epiphany came from This site wich really had some great info on gudiance theories. Another great site is The UK Rocketman.

After seeing that my low budget guidance system wasn't going to work as well as I would have liked and it would require a much larger budget than I am able to provide to create the guidance system I want (gyro's themselves go way over not to mention the guidance computer development and hardware along with the flight computer)I may very well work on a strap-on booster design that will also satisfy Essence's EMRR Challenge.

I remember when I had an Estes Gemini kit with the rear ejection and instead of ejecting the chutes, it wound up ejecting the strap-on's.

Perhaps the guidance system will be put onthe back burner for a while, no cost to do some planning and theoretical work on it, at least it will get me a little more experience for later on.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home